STA Certified Compost
Benefits For Compost Manufacturers
Quality- Our STA program helps you stay on top of the quality of your products through:
- Test Methods: Creating and frequently updating lab testing protocols for compost that are required and standardized across all STA labs, called TMECC.
- Labs Tested: Holding STA Compost-Certified Labs to high standards through the STA’s CAP program that tests the labs against each other, and provides advice if lab methods need adjusting to increase lab quality.
- Sampling Guide: Creating a list of guidelines for manufacturers to take a quality sample of compost for testing. A representative test starts with a representative sample.
- Frequency: Testing your compost frequently, according to the frequency determined by the annual wet tonnage manufactured. Manufacturer and US Composting Council both receive the test results directly from the labs.
- Best Use: Defining what types of compost test results are best for different applications through the Compost Consumer Use Program (CCUP)